Rocking chairs are the perfect complement to any outdoor patio. However, finding one that’s both aesthetically pleasing while also being comfortable can be a challenge. If you’re a bit lost on where to start, we might be able to help you out.
We’ve spent countless hours researching the top outdoor rocking chairs and came up with a few. These five different chairs are some of the best outdoor rocking chairs because of their sturdiness, longevity, and comfortable design.
Kozyard Cozy Two Rocking Love Seats Glider Swing Bench/Rocker for Patio, Yard with Soft Cushion and Sturdy Frame (Blue)
Best Outdoor Rocking Chairs Reviews
1. GCI Outdoor Freestyle Rocker
The GCI is a lightweight, compact, and portable rocker that’s best used for camping or other outdoor events. Its slim design makes it easy to store away or stuff in your car with other gear. Besides that, the whole chair only weighs around 12 pounds, which allows you to carry it short distances.
Here’s a quick rundown of the GCI Outdoor Freestyle Rocker:
- Sturdy build: The frame of the chair has been crafted with steel which makes it one of the sturdiest rockers on our list. The steel doesn’t easily bend and comes with a powdered coating that prevents any weather or rust from interfering with its longevity.
- Spring rocking: As for the rocking mechanism, the rocker includes strong springs that are designed to provide smooth transitions. If the squeaky nature of rocking chairs seems irritating, you don’t have to worry. The GCI features quick gliding with minimal noise.
- Eazy-fold enhancements: The easy-fold feature enables you to snap the rocker close in an instant. Press the chair in on itself and then continue to do so until you hear a click. This ensures that the rocker will stay in place and makes it safe for transportation.
- Extra comfort: The rocker includes a light and breathable fabric that allows airflow and keeps your body cool while you lounge. For extra comfort, the armrests are padded and the backseat is slightly curved so that it supports your body.
- Easy to assemble, store and carry around
- Hassle-free design
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Only suits taller people
2. PHI VILLA Swing Glider Bistro Set
If you’re not just looking for a single glider chair, then you may be interested in the Bistro Set. This three-piece set includes two rockers and a small glass table which can be used outdoors. The design is perfect for patios or common areas, and with the added comfort, you and your guests will surely enjoy the set.
The PHI VILLA Swing Glider Bistro Set has a lot to offer including:
- Comfortable armrests: The PHI VILLA includes ergonomic armrests that are perfectly designed for rocking. It features a slight curvature that helps support your arms while you’re swaying back and forth. When you’re ready to get out of the chair, the handles are sturdy enough to support and lift your body from the chair without it toppling over.
- Compact design: Being able to set up the chair without it taking up too much space is vital. The design features a compact two-chair and table set which enables you to place it on a small patio or deck.
- Sturdy build: The frames have been crafted using steel and then coated with a weather-resistant powder. This helps prevent any decay or rust build and ensures that the set will be with you in the long run.
- Support: It’s almost impossible to enjoy a rocking chair if it’s not comfortable. The back of the fabric of the chair is lightweight, breathable, and slightly curves to help provide your upper and lower back with much-needed support.
- Multiple chairs
- Breathable fabric
- Hard to assemble
3. Kozyard Cozy Two Rocking Glider
What if you’re not interested in a portable or single glider rocker? Well, the Kozyard brand has you covered.
They’ve created a unique loveseat rocker which is perfect for couples or newlyweds. If you’re looking to spruce up your front deck, backyard, or patio, this version will be the ideal addition.
Here’s a quick rundown of what the Kozyard Cozy Two Rocking Glider offers:
- Weather-resistant coating: The frame is crafted using metal and is finished with a weather-resistant powder. This finishing repels water, dirt, and other factors that could wear down the frame over time. Plus, the powder keeps the frame from rusting, ensuring that it stays sturdy for a long time.
- Removable cushions: Removable cushions allow you to switch them out for different colors and clean them off when needed. Since the fabric is made from thick and durable materials, you’ll be able to rinse off dirt and grime. Lastly, the cushions come with strings that can be affixed to the frame, ensuring that they don’t go flying away if a breeze strikes.
- Extra comfort: The correct framework is essential for creating adequate support for your body. To help ensure that the armrests are appropriately aligned, the rocker is designed with a slight curve. This keeps the armrest firm yet allows you to rest your arms while rocking comfortably.
- Support: The framework has a mechanical design and can hold up to 500 pounds at once. Paired with the iron frame structure and multiple bearings, it is a long-lasting product.
- Perfect for couples
- Easy to clean
- Beautiful design
- Hard to assemble
4. Outdoor Interiors Wicker and Eucalyptus Rocking Chair
A stunning rocking chair is one of the critical components of any outdoor area. The Outdoor Interiors crafts beautiful all-weather wicker and eucalyptus chair that features stunning two-tone shades. Other than that, it is designed to last for at least seven years.
Here’s an overview of the Outdoor Interiors Wicker and Eucalyptus Rocking Chair:
- Extra comfort: The back of the chair has a curvature that’s designed to support your upper and lower back. It enables you to rest naturally and keeps you comfortable while you lounge.
- Sustainable materials: The frame is crafted using a mix of both wicker and eucalyptus woods, but all of them are sustainably sourced. Each piece of timber was inspected to be high quality and durable, ensuring that the design will keep its shape for years to come.
- Weather resistant: The eucalyptus is known for its ability to withstand rain, water, and harsh sunlight. It doesn’t decay at as fast a rate as other wood types and includes multiple tones that help give the chair its distinct style and grace.
- Low maintenance: It’s recommended to use oil on the chair at least once every year to keep it from drying out and splinting.
- Smooth rocking: Each chair is crafted by an expert and includes a smooth rocking action. This prevents any squeaking and adds to the uniqueness of each chair that’s crafted.
- Uniquely crafted
- Long lasting
- Rocks smoothly
- Easy to maintain
- Wears down if not maintained
5. ALPS Mountaineering Low Rocker Chair
Our last pick is a product made by ALPS Mountaineering, which is a brand geared towards making portable gear for hiking, camping, and other outdoor activities. The chair itself has been designed to be lightweight and easy to store and carry. Overall, the design is simplistic and features breathable fabric along with a sturdy frame.
The ALPS Mountaineering Low Rocker Chair has the following features:
- Weather-resistant coating: To ensure that the frame stays durable and stable for years to come, the chair has been finished with a protective powder. This powder prevents wear and tear normally caused by weather, as well as helps prevent rust formation.
- Breathable fabric: There is a big chance that you’re going to be using the chair during summer. With the breathable fabric incorporated into the product, you’ll be able to keep cool and prevent yourself from forming back sweat.
- Compact design: The chair can be folded in half and transported from place to place. ALPS also includes a shoulder bag that enables you to place the folded chair and carry it conveniently on your shoulder. This helps keep your hands free and makes it easier to transport longer distances.
- Low profile: The rocker is lower to the ground which makes it easier for the elderly or those with bad knees to get in and out of the chair with ease. The low-profile design also comes in handy because it enables you to lean all the way back without the chair tipping over.
- Easy to carry around and store
- Comfortable to use even during warm days
- Long lasting
- No armrests
- Cumbersome to fold
As you can see, there is a wide variety of different types of rocking chairs that you can choose from today. Of course, this makes the process of selection more difficult. Overall, we believe that the five on our list are the best in 2020 because of their weather-resistant construction and supportive design.
That being said, if we were to pick our favorites, we’d have to choose the Kozyard Cozy Two Rocking Glider and the GCI Outdoor Freestyle Rocker as the best outdoor rocking chairs. The Kozyard is perfect for outdoor spaces and is stunning in any backyard. On the other hand, the GCI is ideal for on-the-go events and camping trips.